We Provide Support Throughout Project Construction
Installation and construction of solar-thermal systems on buildings is both a science and an art.
Among the many considerations are:
- Maintaining a weather-tight building envelope
- Maximizing aesthetics for the public face of the building
- Minimizing weather hazards to solar equipment such as freezing and boiling of solar fluids
- Orienting the solar-thermal system to take full advantage of the sun as a heat generator
- Integrating the solar-thermal system with the building’s HVAC system or industrial process
- Coordinating the project installation with other building service providers, roofers, HVAC companies, electricians, mechanical contractors, etc.
Our engineering staff has decades of hands-on experience in providing design support for major solar thermal and industrial installations.
American Solar’s construction support services typically begin during design. We work throughout the design and construction process, including:
- Schedule and budget evaluations
- Value engineering
- Financial incentives review
- Alternative financing analyses
- Constructability reviews
- Weighing project alternatives
- Structuring bid packages for lowest cost construction
- Sourcing equipment and supplies
- Monitoring and coordinating daily construction activities
- Owner meetings and reviews